Saturday, January 31, 2015

Welcome to Sphericles!

What is it?

This semester we are building a project in Unreal 4 called Sphericles under the supervision of Jarek Rossignac, a professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology!

Sphericles is a game where the player flies around cool shapes and touches them, or in longer words, a user created 3D space full of interesting shapes that are permutations of simpler shapes around which a user can "fly". The user will experience different sounds/tones/melodies based on what shapes are in the view's frustum, and touching will "pop" them in a burst of color and sound. The game is "won" by touching a predetermined shape, set by the creator of this particular "world".

Who are we?

James Moak (Lead)
I'm a 3rd year CS student at GaTech with a passion for 3D graphics and an obsession with C++. I've previously worked on the Unreal Engine 4 title Mean Greens at Virtual Basement LLC, and I love to keep busy.

Amier Naji
I'm a 3rd year CS student at GT. I enjoy programming and research that involves computation. I enjoy keeping myself busy with many different endeavors. I currently do research in the Heart Lab in the School of Physics, utilizing WebGL/Javascript.

No comments:

Post a Comment